Friday, October 22, 2010

W4L: A serious post, same title

Today after I heard some of the assignments that my classmates wrote, I figure out that all of us in one way or another sometime in our long haul in this life, had received help from a stranger.
All the writing was wonderful and inspirational, some of them make me feel the sadness and pain but after all, I found out that somewhere out there is gonna help you.
No matter what race they came from, somebody will be glad to give you a hand. In my experience with other race that is not an immigrant, I was so lucky o blessed to found really good Americans (or white people, however would you like to call them).
Once upon a time when the skies were blue and the sunshine was as its best, I was driving my car and... Wait; it was the other way around: It was in the middle of the night and I was riding a bike. I got out of work in a restaurant after midnight, I was hitting towards the apartment where I used to leave in California, I remember the time was close to 1 am, it was a 45 minutes ride in bike; suddenly a police car passed by going on the other side of the road seconds later he just turned around and pull me over the rode, I stopped my bike, got close to the sidewalk and start waiting for the police officer. He came and he started talking to me in English, asking for so many things, what did he said I don't really know cause I was totally afraid. Minutes later he smiled, I guess he realized that i didn't understand and he told me in Spanish "I know you don't understand, don't worry you are not in trouble, and I know that you are here cause you need too, not cause you want it, so just take care, ride your bike on the side walk and wear a helmet please. And don't worry no one else is gonna stop you", he left and I keep my 30 minutes travel to my house, 2 polices cars pass by they saw me and they just disappear. I think it was something whit that the other police officer told me. Well i made it to my house but I never forget that night.
Another time was here in Seattle 2 years ago. It was a hard times cause the economy problems begun, I was running with out job, and i was awakening up at 5 to walk to a bus station catch the bus and made it to some place where contractors pick people to work, that day i got to that place at 6 am it was dark and cold, but I was the only one no body came to that place a that time so i was waiting for a couple hours till 8 and it was full the unemployment people. When I was ready to leave one guy (American) came by and ask me if I want to work, I said yes, and he told me "Am gonna give you some work cause I saw you early this morning, and I know that you need it". I was working for that guy for one and a half years. He couldn't keep me busy cause all the construction was bad, but thanks to that I was paying my bills.
One or two ~ Every once in a while, we are sure to find somebody out there that would be glad to help a brother.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent examples (Whew! You have had so many close calls!) I am glad you have been able to persevere and keep going!
    Please combine the first 3 short paragraphs into 1 paragraph.
    Word use:
    Wait; it was the other way around: It was in the middle of the night and I was riding a bike.
    Another time, (not another one)
    One or two ~ Every once in a while, we are sure to find somebody out there that would be glad to help a brother.

    ReplyDelete